Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sunrise and a Picnic

"The heavens are telling the glory of God; they are a marvelous display of his craftsmanship. Day and night they keep on telling about God. Without a sound or work, silent in the skies, their message reaches out to all the world. The sun lives in the heavens where God placed it and moves out across the skies as radiant as a bridegroom going to his wedding, or as an athlete looking forward to a race! The sun crosses the heavens from end to end......"
Psalms 19:1-6 
The Living Bible Translation

 







 This sunrise reminded me of this verse. Or this verse reminded me of this sunrise, either way, how can you not see Gods glory. I am blessed to wake up to this every morning. And since my little ones are up before the sunrise,*wine, sniffle, tear,*  I get to see this every morning, that is if I stop and pay attention. Which reminds me that I really need to stop and take it in every morning. It was a beautiful sunrise, one that had me taking pictures instead of getting ready to take Hallie to school. Yes, we were a little late, but it was so worth it! It just set the mood for my day. His mercy's are renewed every morning. Amen!


Look at this smile....Sophie is our little "Ham." She is comic relief much of the time, and has her Daddy and I laughing at all the silly things she says and does. Right now she has this whole other family that includes 5 brothers and 3 sisters and they have the "keeping up with the Jones" pretty bad. Whatever we do or say her other family has it bigger and better, and yes, it is so funny and I admit I laugh. I'm sure I will regret this when she is 15 but right now it is funny. I'm torn though, I really don't know if I should scold her for story-telling or hug her for having a great imagination. The stories she can tell about her brothers is down right entertaining. Peter swears she dreams it up at night. I think she has too, or this other family is real, because the things those brothers can do is like something out of a black and white western movie. They have horses, who do not have names, but get their nails done in Denver.  They can shoot snakes and have real guns. They have numerous dogs and adventures and she always has something to add about their day. Oh, her other mother is named "Miss Mary," and her other dad is "John."   


 Oh and this little girl who is just lovin' life right now. She is sweet, and happy and is a jumping fool in her jumper. She is in L.O.V.E. with her sisters and her blanket. Her sisters are just in L.O.V.E. with her too. They fight over who feeds her, holds her, bathes her, and everything but diaper her. Oh why not that. (:












Today Sophie wanted to have a picnic so she brought out her best dishes and fed her baby sister......








 
Sophie calls this creamer  "Baby Lemon-aid"



"This is how we pay for it mom" per Sophie.







"Hankie Apron," that our dear family friend made for the girls.

  

Feeding Lillie pretend baby food.


A spot of tea for me



The picnic basket























We had fun on our "picnic." I just wish Hallie could  have been here to enjoy it with us. Oh the perils of school.....She is sad she misses a lot of these times but this mama has a little something up her sleeve for this Friday. You see it is early release and a very special Auntie Heather is coming to watch the two younger girls so I can take Hallie for a girls day. Lots of fun to come!

Blessings this week!

~Prairie Mama 

2 comments:

Christine said...

These girls just get cuter and cuter!!
Auntie Heather was a "storyteller" too. I remember not being able to convince her that something never happened. She must have dreamed them up and they seemed so real she wouldn't believe it was a dream.

Anonymous said...

Auntie Christine doesn't know what she's talking about she just had a bad memory...

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for taking the time to comment. Bless you today!

 
© Little Mama on the Prairie
CoffeeShop Designs