Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What is that?


The other day I was sitting in the living room and something caught my eye.....

There was movement up on the ceiling.....What is that?

Now, being that I live in a land-locked state that is usually in some kind of state of drought, I had no idea what this movement was.

I have never seen anything like it. It was beautiful!

As I started looking closer I realized it was a reflection from outside....a reflection?

From what.....

 Water......????

Yes, water.....and water in Wyoming means one thing......

The snow drifts are melting and Spring is almost here. However, that does not mean we wont be done with snow. Two summers ago it snowed June 7th and then again on September 1st.....and we had some hail in-between there....

I feel like Hiccup in the movie "How To Train Your Dragon." He begins and ends the movie with a one liner that we Wyoming-ites can totally relate to.

He introduces the place where he lives as....

 "This is Burke. Where it is Winter 9 months of the year and hails the other three."

Hi, welcome to my Burke.

Blessings and Happy Spring!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally identify with Hiccup and Burke. I was out taking pics of the ice melting on the Bay today. Very cool to see the ice shards in the morning, and open water by late afternoon.

Unknown said...

Oh glorius blue sky!
Happy Day to you girl, enjoy that weather!

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for taking the time to comment. Bless you today!

 
© Little Mama on the Prairie
CoffeeShop Designs