Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Balancing Act....

Wow, it has been a few days since my last post....we are on a real life balancing act here.


We have had a pre-birthday birthday party, a surpise gettaway curtisy of my Hunny, and lots of time enjoying the sunshine. Oh good ol vitamin D, we missed you.

 

























Through all of the business I know this one thing shines bright. This thing called "sisters." I love it, I am blessed to witness it. It is not perfect, it is messy and sometimes a little complicated but in all, it is true love blooming between my three little girls. I love to see them.....together. It makes my mama heart sing. (:


 























My Hunny surprised me last Friday with a unexpected day trip. He planned it all out in advance and for us, that can be a feat.

He let me know of the plan a couple of days in advance and it was my birthday present. A full day of just "us." He arranged for my mom and dad to watch the girls, while he whisked me away to a day filled with antique shops and junk stores, lots of coffee breaks and bookstores. Oh, he had me at antiques, but he took it a step further and made reservations at my favorite restaurant for dinner {"Supper" to my prairie family} at the  Corn Exchange. Cold Stone Creamery ended our day for the grand finale and let me just say Cake Batter Ice cream is right next to chocolate for me....as a little girl I used to dream of growing up so I could make a batch of cake batter and eat it unbaked out of the bowl......is that weird.
Oh well, I really don't care because someone else had that dream too, and they invented it in a cool creamy dessert that can take you back to your childhood and....OK back to the story.

I took a few pics of my finds for the day.


Look at these shutters, they were already distressed and came from a great little store in Spearfish, SD. A wonderful lady who is probably in her late 70's paints and distresses furniture for a living. She is darling and amazing and oh so sweet. The milk glass planter and candy dish called to me and the aqua frame....well it was an awful shade of brown and gold and I got in a hurry and forgot to take a picture of it before I got my mitts on it and started painting and distressing.....but it turned out beautiful and will end up as a chalkboard.



  
Look at the detail on this frame. I am now hooked on these. I'm looking everywhere for old frames to turn into chalkboards it is so much fun.

And then I got my craft on and started some of these...


Beautiful singed satin flowers for hair clips and broaches.

We leave on Friday for Washington State to visit Peters Family and while we are there my Sis-In-Law and I are going to make some of these for headbands and gifts.
 Do you see anything you like Aunt Teen?

Oh and that little milk glass candy dish....it displayed them perfectly.

We will be in a race to pack and "Lock and Load" as we say around here for a very looooong road trip so a little inspiration for myself more than anything.


Start your engines and

Ready, Set, Go!

Blessings over you this week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way watching my boys grow and play together--feels like my heart will just burst with love. Your day out sounds like an ideal "day away" for Hubby & I. We love antique/junk shops.

Safe travels to you on your l-o-n-g road trip.

Kirsten

P.S. I am pretty sure that cake batter ice cream is one of the most perfect foods.

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for taking the time to comment. Bless you today!

 
© Little Mama on the Prairie
CoffeeShop Designs