Friday, May 27, 2011

Ebb and Flow...




In flowed the crummy this week, with soggy basement carpets, knee deep mud in the backyard that has us wadding in it to kick the sump pump on every time it rains, a lingering cold that just wont quit, dreary skies that hide the sun, you know, "flow." But with it comes the "ebb"........the gradual receding of the flow.

Oh, how I'm thankful and blessed to say we had the "ebb" too.

My ashes this week were titled flow and my beauty named ebb.

To all who mourn in Israel,[a]
      he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
   a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
      festive praise instead of despair.
   In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
      that the Lord has planted for his own glory.
Isaiah 61:3

 I was reminded of this verse this week. While I prayed for the people of this country that have suffered from the disastrous "flow". 
People are finding themselves without homes, jobs and family members.

Ashes = Flow.

It has made my "flow" seem non-existent and nothing to complain about. It has made me search for the beauty in my "ebb."

Ebb = Beauty


The beauty came in moments of small celebrations throughout the week.




 This little girl graduating from kindergarten.

Photo credit, Aunt Sarah


Look at that Cat In The Hat cake, made by one of the moms.

Brown box packages from a Grammie far away...

Goodies to encourage laughter and make silliness happen.



New Kicks....



 And a stolen moment that made my Mama heart soar...

It's all in the ebb and flow.....the time that ashes turn to beauty.

 I am challenged to look for the beauty in my ashes this week.

 I challenge you to do the same.

Have a Beauty filled Blessed weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for taking the time to comment. Bless you today!

 
© Little Mama on the Prairie
CoffeeShop Designs