Thursday, September 8, 2011

Summers End

I have been trying to get a post together for a week and I am struggling to find my niche in the day to do it. School has started back up and I am Oh so thankful. I have however had a hard time adjusting to a "New Schedule." We have changed just a couple of things this school year and it has kinda kinked my easy flowing vibe. It's a good kink though, it will just take me time to adapt to it.

The main kink has been school has started....cue the *YEAH* from this Mama.


Now before I get any hate mail I want to clarify that I *love* having my kids home. I enjoy them, I enjoy summer break, but things were starting to head south about the first of august when it was hot and the city pool closed (weird) and we were a little stir crazy.  My kids were becoming board and catty with each other and I was running out of ideas to entertain them. Although, the hose and a bunch of plastic bowls came in very handy last weekend and they played outside for about 5 hours straight. Hmmmm new record, and why didn't I think about that sooner? 

 I found a recipe online for sidewalk chalk paint and the idea was born. Lets make a mess, that never fails to entertain.

It is so easy, not to mention safe, you can eat it. Not that I tried but you could.

 So here is the recipe:


1 Part Corn Starch
1 Part Water
Food Coloring of choice



I did 2 cups of corn starch mixed with 2 cups of water and divided that between 5 cups and added food coloring until I got a desired color.

Now, when you paint with this at first it is really watery and almost transparent but let it dry and it is BRIGHT!





See what I mean.

 It stayed for days than it finally rained and washed away, all that work. But it was fun to come home and see a reminder of Who loves us everyday.
Note: The extra blue "I" on the top was created by Hallie. If you know her at all, blue is her favorite color and well, I didn't use the blue first so she improvised.

__________________________________________________________________

We ended our last day of summer with a morning swing and a front yard picnic.




Our picnic happen to take place amidst stray chickens and thistle that has over taken my yard








It was a good end to the summer.

Hopefully I can adjust to our new schedule and carve out more time for blogging. Here's to dreaming and wishing.....



Blessings!

1 comments:

The Mac's House said...

It is kinda fun to watch them spread their wings just a tad towards their own little independence and achieving goals isn't it.... I use to dread and love the beginning of school all at the same time. It was fun watching my daughter over the years learning and achieving while I missed her horribly while she was gone.

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for taking the time to comment. Bless you today!

 
© Little Mama on the Prairie
CoffeeShop Designs